We are currently hiring for the following roles below. If you feel you fit the bill for any of these positions, please contact email@example.com
Copy & Community Manager
We’re on the hunt for a senior Copy & Community Manager who can lead our community strategy and be the “voice of Cleverbug.” This role reports into the Head of Customer Retention & Engagement and has full accountability for the community and customer support function. An expert in building and managing on line customer communities, this person will get to start from the very early stages of building and managing our growing customer base. The successful candidate will have a phenomenal understanding of all things Community and have the ability to be hands on as well as strategic. Knowledge of community systems and tools is essential, as is the knowledge of how to build an engaged community who will love our games. You will be able to build a community strategy, manage reporting and create exciting events across platforms for customers around the world. Working with external partners as well as direct communication with customers, you will be also be hands-on with vibrant communities that need nurturing. Getting this right is imperative to our success, so we are looking for a leading community manager in the online industry who can start from this early stage and grow with the business.
• PR/Media: Working with our PR agency on external media communications and messaging
• FB/Mobile advertising: Responsible for approval of ad copy
• Blogger outreach & App reviews: Working with PR agency on Blogger Outreach, Messaging and App Reviews.
• Manage customer support function
• Email Marketing & Communication: Managing the email marketing plan from content through to managing the execution by Maria. Working with analytics team to assess responsiveness and effectiveness of email campaigns. Working with creative director on creativity of email campaigns.
• Twitter: Prepare with CMO a calendar and plan around Twitter Communication
• Push Notifications: Responsible for approval of copy
• Pinterest: Responsible for calendar and managing daily posting of same
Activity on above will require:
• Working with the Creative Team to ensure “voice of Cleverbug” is consistent and contribute to idea generation
• Working with the analytics team to take responsibility for what activity/outreach is and isn’t working
• Ownership of email lists (internally generated ones and acquired ones) Moderate official website forums & update in-game communication and announcements in multiple languages.
• Maintain social network presences including Facebook & Twitter.
• Help drive blogger, fan site and editorial content.
• Regularly communicate with leadership to ensure player issues and concerns are understood and addressed and highlight any customer concerns you become aware of across social media and forums
Skills & Experience
- A community guru with solid experience (most likely from a gaming environment)
- Experience in managing across territories, languages and cultures
- Highly methodical and thorough, and an exceptional communicator with strong writing skills
- Familiar and comfortable with social media and their use in a community
Head of Customer Retention & Engagement
Are you leader obsessed with gathering and understanding what makes customers tick and more importantly – what will make them come back to us again and again AND tell
their friends to do the same? Do you want to drive worldwide customer retention through identification and execution of key strategic initiatives aimed at reducing drop off, maximizing repeat spend per customer, and increasing overall user engagement. Then this role is for you!
Cleverbug is seeking a Head of Customer Retention & Engagement to oversee efforts to increase repeat usage of our App and purchase of our product. This individual will likely have a background in customer retention/engagement for a leading e-commerce business and should have the project and people management skills to be a team leader within our marketing function. She/He will be responsible for delivering key targets for the business and must be extremely results oriented. Customer retention is a mix of analytical segmentation/CRM work and creative customer programme/loyalty development. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of driving consistent customer loyalty and will live to exceed aggressive sales and growth targets.
• Lead customer retention & loyalty efforts by managing the development of effective
segmentation strategies and the creation and deployment of new customer programs
to increase repeat rates
• Design new loyalty offerings and roll them out across digital and offline platforms
• Partner with other key leaders in the marketing team to drive best practices and a
holistic approach to creating a world-class, data driven, customer centric marketing
• Prepare reports on the overall performance of the retention approach and identify
areas for expansion and improvement
• Manage web analytics and the collection of insights from data
• Design experiments to test assumptions about the deployment of new customer
• Contribute to the vision and strategy of the marketing organization
Skills & experience
• Visionary Customer Retention Mind – runs circles around others when it comes to
customer retention, loyalty, and CRM systems. Superior understanding of targeted
email campaigns and usage
• Analytical – has the skills and experience to bring a scientific approach to marketing.
Willing and able to support all intuitive decisions with hard data.
• Driven – obsessed with outperforming objectives and delivering strong results.
• Strategic – has the confidence, insight, and domain expertise to shape strategy and
drive key business decisions.
• Pragmatic – has the capacity to both think and do. Flourishes in a hands-on role,
adding value at different levels. Has both the experience and the desire to work at all
levels of the business, from junior staff to the CEO. Can juggle the details and the big
• Creative – can think innovatively and connect the dots. Finds creative ways around
• Detail Oriented – has a keen eye for detail and holds all members of the team
accountable for delivering work to extremely high standards.
• Succinct Communicator – is a straightforward communicator who can organize, clarify, and share complex ideas quickly and accurately. Is fast on their feet.
• Confident – independent thinker that looks to build consensus around their ideas/vision but also maintains a point of view, challenges the status quo, and engages in healthy dialogue with colleagues.
• Easy to Work With – doesn’t take themselves too seriously and has the adaptability to roll with the punches in a fast growing company where the only constant is change.
• Will to Win – an entrepreneurial spirit who is aggressive about competing externally
and brings a sense of urgency to their work every day.
• Pace – gets things done efficiently and enjoys having dozens of projects going at once. Can change course, be scrappy, and deliver results on short timeframes. Is
- Bachelor’s degree and fluency in English
- At least 7+ years of work experience in a marketing capacity, preferably e-commerce
- Undergraduate or advanced degree(s) in finance, business, advertising, math, science or engineering is/are highly desirable
- MBA or equivalent degree is desirable, but not required
- Experience with leadership positions (managing and building a small team) within start-up or growth phase companies is a plus
Head of Customer Acquisition
Are you someone who understands how people think? Do you know how to get consumers to do things at a low cost/free (e.g., using social media)? Are you inquisitive and willing to experiment with marketing tactics? Are you interested in helping to develop new social, viral and mobile marketing solutions to reach billions of consumers? If so- then we are looking for you!
Cleverbug is seeking a results-driven marketer with significant experience executing
social/viral focused customer acquisition programs for technology start-ups. The ideal
candidate must have experience in creating and executing online marketing programs using the latest demand generation methods to support achievement of customer acquisition growth goals through the development and implementation of customer acquisition strategies, media plans and tactics. We are looking for someone who has heavy digital and social media experience, is innovative/creative in the social media space, knows how to drive consumer behaviour, and wants to experiment to find the optimal media mix.
- Design acquisitions strategy, plan & requirements
- Develop and implement online marketing programs to generate downloads (specifically utilising Facebook Open Graph, social media outreach, multi-channel exposure)
- Evaluate, measure and optimize download generation programs
- Generate and maintain actionable reports that track and measure success of paid and non-paid marketing initiatives
- Develop co-marketing initiatives that drive top of funnel demand for our App and products
- Collaborate with others to build demand generation functions and content into the App and website, driving conversion from visitors to users
- Develop marketing content, optimizing copy and creative, to educate on our benefits including landing pages, videos, email campaigns
Skills & experience
- Social – heavy digital and social media experience
- Mobile – mobile media planning/buying experience
- Analytical – has the skills and experience to bring a scientific approach to marketing. Willing and able to support all intuitive decisions with hard data.
- Driven – obsessed with outperforming objectives and delivering strong results.
- Strategic – has the confidence, insight, and domain expertise to shape strategy and drive key business decisions.
- Pragmatic – has the capacity to both think and do. Flourishes in a hands-on role, adding value at different levels. Have both the experience and the desire to work at all levels of the business, from junior staff to the CEO. Can juggle the details and the big picture.
- Creative – can think innovatively and connect the dots. Finds creative ways around tactical problems.
- Detail Oriented – has a keen eye for detail and holds all members of the team accountable for delivering work to extremely high standards.